Tuesday 13 January 2015

“There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed.” - Ernest Hemingway

The title of this opening post is my favourite quote related to literature. Hemingway's powerful words are a reminder of the emotion and power which stems from reading and writing. It suggests, in my opinion at least, that literature is immortal. As long as people channel their emotion and experiences into words, poetry, novels, short stories and other forms of writing, literature will accompany us through the best and worst of times, capturing life in new and thought-provoking ways - and this is perhaps the most beautiful aspect about this form of art: it is undeniably and absolutely human.

Indeed, we bleed words as the troubled Hemingway once said. We hoard them, too, and crave their power to conjure images and feelings. We learn the lessons they teach us. Writing and reading is a deep, artistic form of escapism, and it always will be. Such reasons are exactly why I decided to set up this page: because when literature captures your interest as deeply as it has mine, sharing and debating thoughts and opinions is an excellent way of bringing the words to life away from the page. To bring literature to the internet is to pair up two ideally suited partners: and I for one certainly hope it is an extensive and emotional love affair between them.

Thank you for reading my first post. I hope you will enjoy sharing your passion for reading, writing and words of any kind with me, for I certainly will with you.

Alex.

No comments:

Post a Comment